Amazon Seller - first time noob

Here is the rundown of random thoughts...and other stuff that happen to be recorded...


1. Sold! my first sell on Amazon! I had a Wicked copy that I read long time ago and got no space for it anymore so I decide to sell it. Usually I'd use ebay for selling but somehow the notion of books link to Amazon so... Yea, I posted and didn't think too much afterwards.
Not sure if I want to keep using Amazon though, it charges 34%? I didn't pay attention to their fee... on its official website it stated book is 15% ...so.... I wonder how it got to $3.84..... Magic? first time charge?
At first glance I thought this was a scam, it's the simplest, wordiest and ugliest notification email.

Since my main goal wasn't to really make bucks, it's whatever.

It does get me thinking....
20% is usually the charge for any reselling website while I still do all the work/posting. I dislike the charge, but on top of that, I dislike more on the amount of repetition work only to increase sell chances. Meaning to post on multiple websites (after reading all the terms and conditions). The fact I have to post one item to three different websites, and then knowing they charge differently, with different policies, and then fill out the same item descriptions. After the item is sold, I'd have to remember to take the other listings down. Bah!
So 90% of my clothing and stuff end up going to GoodWill or those donation banks whenever I move. I hope someone somewhere is wearing those shoes I donated. Those were real leather....
I also buy less and less, is that a sign of aging? Or my shrieking wallets and increasing financial burden? Or is that the beginning of true minimalism?


I found this while searching for Amazon fees
https://ecommerce.shopify.com/guides/make-your-first-ecommerce-sale
FREE guide. that's awesome. 50 ways, however, sounds intimidating.

Comments