Random Thoughts Indeed - still alive

1. Smart Appliances and Smart House
There is the smart washing machine that will help you save energy when you are "away mode," or the smart kitchen that tells what ingredients you can cook once you put a dry bowl of pasta on its tablet board or it lets you call up your mom while cooking.....
Except when I think of smart washing machine, I was hoping it'll auto sort my clothes and auto detect fabric and thus adjust the cycle accordingly. When I think of smart kitchen and refrigeration, I was expecting auto summation of ingredients from the fridge into a tunnel of food processors down to the electric sensitive stove, and my stove will sing me Tingle Tingle Little Star. (Rice cookers and water boilers do that now, they sing songs). After its beautiful performance, I'd like to have that oven send a pop-up mobile notification to notify me whenever dinner is ready to be served.
Would we just become those farmed cows if we no longer make our own foods or any mundane chores? It is kind of like that already if you shop in the convenient frozen foods and dry clean your laundries. It'll just be even better in the future. Hoses of  ready-to-eat meals pumping from a central warehouse to your home and the smart kitchen will auto plate them for you while you watch the news broadcasting about a new diet pill designed to sit in your stomach and continuously monitor your diet 24/7. That sounds extreme but anything is possible.

Well, complete automation is not here yet, unfortunately, so multiple loads of laundries aren't my interest. The smart house also  means linking everything to a control panel. I can't wait for the day I step into my house, all the electronics will sing songs to me.
Still Alive song came to my head, I think I'd set it as welcome home theme song..
"I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.
While you're dying I'll be still alive.
And when you're dead I will be still alive."


2. Company's loss is Employee's Gain
Someone messed up on the set up of the shear pump in the plant today and one of the products couldn't get run due to that mistake. They let go the mushroom ingredients because of its short shelf-life. The company looses money, but all the employees get to take home wholesome organic fresh mushrooms. It is whenever this kind of events takes place, I have mix feelings. From an employee perspective, I am upset that there was an error that causes loss in company profit, but this misfortune led to small individual benefits and personal happiness.
I overheard  a few workers at a safety and quality control training jokingly said that if the final products are out of spec, they take them home. A lot of Asian supermarkets and bakeries require employees to throw up surplus products at the end of the day, rather than giving the products away or discount them to the employees. It never makes sense to me to waste food until now. Are those companies preventing employees to unconsciously cheer for the company loss? Will the employees be less cautious and attentive because if they get the internal benefits from the company loss? The feeling will turn from gratitude into expectation? To waste or not to waste, that's a question.
I took shitaki home, and would make mushroom stock tonight.


3. Thalassemia Minor 
It's "A blood disorder involving less than normal amounts of an oxygen-carrying protein" which leads to anemia.
So my doctor told me about this. It is odd because 5 years ago I did the health exam and back then they stated B vitamin anemia. I supposed it wasn't?
I like the new side bar on the google search, if you just type in THALASSEMIA, it shows up this charts that tells you all about it.


The most funny part was in the symptoms: failure to thrive (so can I blame my lack of growth in height on this?), yellow skin ( so...is that why I'm extra yellow?). I don't think any of it actually apply to me beside shortness of breath honestly though. hahahaahah

Comments